Louis Arroyo is a former US Marine having held the rank of Corporal while serving in the USMC Reserves, Fox Co, 2nd Battalion, 24th Marine Division. He served as a machine gunner who was proficient in the M240G Machine Gun, the Mk19 Grenade Launcher, and the Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun.
Louis was also a M16 Rifle Expert, Pistol Marksman, and earned the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with Gold Star, the Marine Corps Selected Reserve Good Conduct Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal.
As a Certified Firearms Instructor, Louis teaches with a philosophy that attitude is most important and one must think of others first if he or she is to be a sheepdog. He has been trained by law enforcement, firearms and martial arts experts.
Louis holds a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice, is currently the Manager of the Investigations Department of the Potawatomi Gaming Commission and has been employed there for the past 19 years. He is fluent in Spanish, is an alumni of the FBI Citizen’s Academy, and is an Auxiliary Police Officer.
"I encourage everyone to seek quality training which emphasizes skill, discipline, and moral & legal responsibility".
- US Marine Corps Machine Gunner
- US Marine Corps Rifleman
- US Marine Corps Pistol Marksman
- US Marine Corps Rifle Expert
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program Pistol Distinguished Expert
- NRA Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle Instructor
- NRA Advanced Defensive Pistol Instructor
- NRA Refuse to be a Victim Personal Safety Instructor
- NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
- NRA Personal Protection Outside & Inside the Home Instructor
- NRA Range Safety Officer Instructor (Chief Range Safety Officer)
- Massad Ayoob Group MAG-20 Range Instructor - 5-24-13 MAG-20 Instructor Course "Top Gun"
- Illinois State Police Approved Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor
- Glock Pistol Instructor’s Workshop & Glock Certified Basic Armorer
- MAG-20 Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement
- Dr. James Williams Tactical Anatomy Shooting with X-Ray Vision
- 5th Degree Black-Belt in Japanese Jujutsu and certified in staff and bladed weapons
- Auxiliary Police Officer
- National Rifle Association Member
- Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member
- Adult & Pediatric First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
- Defender Combatives, LLC Owner & Chief Instructor
- Umineko Dojo, LLC Owner & Chief Instructor
Defender Combatives, LLC provides quality firearms and self-protection instruction to those who have a sincere interest in learning how to protect themselves and the people they care about.
Defender Combatives, LLC provides quality firearms and self-protection instruction for students to have the ability to demonstrate the proper knowledge, skill, and attitude necessary to use justifiable self-defense and understand that deadly force is to be used only as a last resort.